Meet Britt, one of our resident foodies:
From a small farm town in So Cal to the big city of Los Angeles, Britt is living the life (on a budget but it's fabulous). You can catch her shopping her life away at Buffalo Exchange or Instagramming the latest trendy cafe in town. Not to mention a sucker for a killer Chai Tea Latte!
Meet Julie, our Vineal Vixen:
Julie Gauvin, accredited Junior Wine Expert and current serving Spokeswoman and Retail Director of Vine Winery, will be here to lend her expertise regarding all things wine. But most importantly, she’ll keep it interesting, light and fun for your drinking pleasure. Stay tuned as she helps you figure out what you like, where to find it, and what to pair it with. This newfound knowledge will give you that extra edge at the dinner table with friends, family or even on that hot date you have tonight. Check back every Wednesday to see what's new!
Meet Kasey, our LA Food Blogger:
This East Coast girl has recently traded in her New England Clam Chowda for California Rolls! Kasey has been whipping up delectable dishes in her kitchen since she was 10 years old. Combining ingredients and trying new concoctions became her favorite hobby. Kasey is a fabulous food blogger representing Kasey's Kitchen, her self-proclaimed food blog! Kasey attends a ton of fun food events around town and she is sharing her fun, healthy recipes with us every week!
Because about all of us here at The Dish are addicted to coffee we thought it would be smart & helpful to share some fun facts about the delish drink. Enjoy!
1. Coffee grows on trees! They can grow to be up to 30 ft tall, but are cultivated to be around 10 ft tall for easy picking!
2. All coffee in the world grows in the "Bean Belt." The "Bean Belt" is the area between the Tropics of Cancer & Capricorn. Hawaii is the only state in the US that grows coffee!
3. A Coffee bean is actually a seed inside of a bright red berry.
4. Coffee is the second most traded commodity on earth!
5. George Washington invented instant coffee. NO, not the president! A Belgian man living in Guatemala by the name of George Washington invented instant coffee in 1906.
6. Espresso is not a particular type of bean, roast or blend. Espresso is just the way that coffee is prepared: shooting pressurized, hot water through finely ground coffee.
Not a fan of coffee? Check out these 20 ways to wake up without it!