Here’s one of my favorite new recipes I’ve created this year. It’s healthy, yummy, and insanely easy to make!
1. Prepare your brown rice according to the directions on the package.
2. Heat a spoonful of coconut oil in a saute pan over a medium heat.
3. Add in thawed shrimp with a pinch of salt.
Tip - if you're using a non-stick pan, drain the liquid from the pan are you're cooking.
4. Add in 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce and a few shakes of soy sauce. Stir to cover each shrimp and lower heat.
5. At this time, in a small saucepan, heat a 2 heaping tablespoons of marmalade and a splash of coconut water until it melts down then set aside.
6. When your rice is done, add in some crushed red pepper (according to how spicy you want it) and sesame oil with a pinch of salt.
7. Here's the tricky part. Over a very low flame in a dry, non-stick pan, add in a small handful of shredded coconut and toast until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it and keep it moving by shaking the pan, it will burn very easily if unattended.
Make a nice pile of brown rice in the center of your dish. Top with the shrimp and edamame mixture.
Drizzle a bit of your marmalade glaze over the dish and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
See a quick video of the recipe here:
Don’t Forget to Get Social!